Classic Rosewood Inn and Spa is a National Register 1880 Queen Anne Bed and Breakfast nestled in a historic district just four blocks from Downtown Hastings, Minnesota. Thorwood, a National Register 1880 French Second Empire is tucked into another historic neighborhood just a block from the Mississippi bluff and six blocks from Rosewood.
Britty and Maya have a very unique relationship. You see neither of them talk but they sure communicate with each other. Britty is autistic and Downs. Maya is a German wire-haired pointer and a bit obsessive complusive (not only puts all her toys away but also everything she finds on the floor she tucks into her dog bed). Some who see them together assume Maya is a Service Dog for Britty as they have such a magnetic connection. The book has many touching stories in addition to my story about our two darlings.
Just to mention a few:
• Ricochet, the golden retriever who surfs in charity events to raise money for children with disabilities
• Casper, the rabbit who helps a boy sleep through the night in his foster home
• Sparkles, the Dalmatian whose fire-safety lesson saves the lives of a five-year-old and her father
• Snazzy, the black pony who helps a boy learn to talk
• Cocoa Puff, the guinea pig who loves hearing children read
• Frankie, the dachshund with “wheel legs” who helps a boy with a leg brace find hope
If you buy a copy at the Inn, we donate proceeds to the Hastings Animal Ark. We also have another book for sale at the Inn with one of my stories about our springer spaniel Gracie. That book also by Linda and Alan Anderson is Angel Dogs. Linda and Allan have 14 books related to human connections with animals. One of our favorites to give to friends when they have suffered the loss of a pet is Saying Goodbye to your Angel Animals.
They are available at most bookstores and Amazon but we recommend you buy right from their website and enjoy an autographed edition and a nice discount up until December 15th on their new release.